We are very thankful for you, our partners, as we minister to the women and children at the Sheepfold. Because of you, we have the honor of sharing Jesus with all who enter the doors of one of our Sheepfold homes. We believe receiving Jesus as Savior is the most important decision anyone can make in their life, and it is why we do what we do. We now have 4 large homes and 17 apartments to provide housing for women and children in need. The homes are staffed with loving Christian women to guide and lead the mothers to self-sufficiency.
Our 38-year tradition of daily Bible study is the foundation of the Sheepfold program. Because learning about the Word of God is a requirement of our program, we are excluded from government and most corporate/foundation funding. In my 20 years on staff, I’ve often been asked why we don’t have fundraisers. The answer is simple; our founder, Fran Lundquist, started the Sheepfold with faith that God would provide. She would say, “Share the stories of the moms and kids and the Lord’s people will provide for the need.”
We are thankful for all the wonderful people that bless us with their hearts, prayers, and support. I have included a pie chart to show you how our resources are used. If you are considering us in your year-end giving, please feel free to contact us with any questions. I would be happy to meet with you, discuss our program, share our annual audit, and possibly tour one of our Sheepfold homes.
God bless you and your family,
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
- 1 Chronicles 16:34
Would You Like To Adopt a Family for Christmas?
At Christmas we provide a joyous and Christ-filled holiday for the women and children staying at the Sheepfold.
We are able to do this with the help of individuals and companies who generously donate gifts or participate in our Adopt A Family (AAF) program.
Adopting a family means providing a portion of the gifts a family receives Christmas morning. When you call oremail, you will be provided with information which includes an AAF number (to protect the family’s identity), ages, sizes and gift suggestions from a family’s Wish List.
Our deadline to drop off the unwrapped gifts for the AAF program is Thursday, December 7th. This allows us enough time to organize, wrap, and transport the gifts to the shelters for Christmas morning.
Please call (714) 237-1444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to participate in the AAF program or for more information. You can also find general gift ideas on our Registry and Wish List on our website: www.thesheepfold.org.
- Kathy Novak, Services Coordinator
Pumpkin Patch Fun!
We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks! For your wondrous works declare that Your name is near.
- Psalm 75:1
We greatly appreciate all of your expressions of love by donating Christmas gifts for our moms and kids.
Here are a few Gift Suggestions for our Moms and Children (Ages: infant, toddler, school age 5-12, and teen girls)
- Clothing and accessories for women (all sizes including plus sizes)
- Beauty and hairstyling products and accessories
- Shoes for women (all sizes)
- Clothing for girls and boys (all sizes)
- Clothing and accessories for infants and toddlers
- Shoes for children (all sizes)
- Clothing for teen girls (all sizes)
- Popular children’s toys (all ages)
- Outdoor toys: Bikes, Scooters, Skateboards (and protective gear)
- Electronics: Educational Toys, Nintendo DS, Wii and DS Games (rated E)
- Gift Cards: Target, Kohl’s, Walmart, Grocery Store, Costco, Gas, Amazon
- Tickets/Activities: Amusement Parks, Sports Events, Movie Tickets
- Shelter Specific Gifts: DVDs (G or PG), Children’s Books, Bibles, Devotional Books
- Household Items: Linens, Bedding (twin size), Home Decor, Kitchen Essentials, Highchairs
More specific items are listed on our Gift Registry at: thesheepfold.org
- We request NEW items because these are gifts.
- Please bring gifts UNWRAPPED. Gift bags OK. We need to see each gift, therefore, we will need to unwrap any wrapped gifts.
- We will receive gifts starting Monday, November 28th, Monday through Friday from 9 AM - 5 PM. (Gifts are also welcome earlier.)
- All gifts will be received at The Sheepfold office: Call 714-237-1444 or email email@example.com for directions.
- Gift Drop-off DEADLINE: Wednesday, December 7th (So we have time to sort, wrap, and distribute before Christmas.)
- Wrapping supplies, boxes, and ribbon are appreciated.
As part of our stewardship accounting we are required to record every new item donated to The Sheepfold. It would be a great help if those who bring gifts would kindly include a list of the item’s cost, or a copy of your register receipt.
Groups or Companies
If you, your church group, or company would like to adopt a family, please call our office for more information
714-237-1444, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you desire to give larger items other than listed above, you may call the office at 714-237-1444 for suggestions.
Saturday, November 4, 2017
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Looking for volunteers who are available
Monday–Friday, (starting December 4th)
For a 3-hour shift (9 a.m.-12 p.m. or 1-4 p.m.)
Come and be part of the excitement by sorting and wrapping gifts for the women and children, beginning Monday, December 4, 2017
(Night and weekend opportunities TBA.)
If you have helped during Christmas in the past, there is no need to come to the orientation meeting; just call and let us know when you would like to volunteer.
Call Sarah at (714) 237-1444 or email email@example.com to RSVP or for more information.
Giving to The Sheepfold
If you are considering The Sheepfold for your year-end giving, you may donate online at thesheepfold.org/donate.
The Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability
The Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability is the respected organization that audits non-profit corporations on a yearly basis to verify that all donations were recorded properly and were used for the purpose for which they were given, and requires a full financial statement for supervision by The Sheepfold Board of Directors monthly.
Membership in the ECFA is only granted to non-profit corporations who meet their rigid standards. We are proud of our long-standing membership in this organization.
Fran Lundquist, Founder
Board of Directors
John Wildman, President/Executive Director
Jeff Abbott, BBL Group Chair
Tim Blied, Law Partner
Schmiesing, Blied, Stoddart & Machey
Secty., The Sheepfold
Bob Brumleu, President
Omni Duct Systems
Marie Sackett, Program Director/Finance
Sharon D. Lund Foundation
Chris Hite, Partner
Rick McCarthy, Chair/Principal BBL Forum
CPA, McCarthy & Associates
Generous Giving Field Team
Retired Business Owner
Victoria Botka Williams
Freelance Television Director